Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Way Of Showing Affection

I have a weird way of showing affection. I don't give compliments or praise my... "significant other".  Most of the time I tell him that he is stupid or that he sucks. But while my mouth says one thing, my body says another. I love hugging him. So when I tell him that he sucks, he knows I don't mean it. In my world, the meaner I am to him, the more I actually like him.
But a few days ago, I thought that I should give him a compliment for once since I never do that. So when I hugged him, I told him, "You're pretty awesome, you know." He just stared at me for a while before his lips turned into a huge smile. Then he said, "Thank you! That just made my day."
Maybe I should give him compliments more often. But then they wouldn't be special, right? So I will just stick to my way of showing affection and once in a while, I might give him a compliment.



You know how most couples call their sweethearts "honey", "sweetie", "baby" etc.?
Well, my sweetheart and I kind of have our own way of... conveying our love? We came up with our own nicknames for each other. I call him Heater. Because when I'm cold, I hug him and he warms me up. I also called him Baldie once, because he cut his hair pretty short. 
And according to him, I'm a leech because I never want to let go of him. Or a jacket holder. Lovely, isn't it? 
I think that's one of the things that makes us awesome. Because there are so many, you know :p



L

No comments:

Post a Comment