Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Swimming in Macedonia

My parents, my coach, my younger brother and I went to Skopje, Macedonia for a swim meet; the coach from the Albanian swim-team had invited us to go.
So, we left on Friday and sat in the car for like 5 hours until we got there.
Then, on Saturday, we had to get up at 7am and get to the pool by 8 for warm-up. And there were so many people there. The pool was so cramped for warm-up it was horrible. It was a 50m pool btw. 
On Saturday, I had to swim two events; 50m backstroke and 50m freestyle (my specialty haha). Since the swim meet was divided into two parts, I had one event in the morning, the other one in the evening.
When we finished on Saturday, I was so tired, I almost fell asleep while eating dinner.
On Sunday I had my 100m freestyle. And omg after I finished I was like dead. I could barely walk after I got out of the pool. 
Since neither my brother or I had to swim anything after that, we left and drove 5 1/2 hours back home.

Overall results:
50m backstroke - placed 29th out of 70
50m freestyle - placed 21st out of 117
100m freestyle - placed 20th out of 68

Tadaaa~ 

L

My coach, Brett, and my (younger!) brother, Noell :)






sibling love ;)

this was at Struga, on our way home


No comments:

Post a Comment